As with all types of learning, eLearning must be relevant (for each learner), memorable (otherwise it is pointless) and motivational (the learner has to want to learn, the tutor cannot do this for them).
We use a variety of presentation formats, combining text, audio, illustration, animation and interaction to engage the learner. We match the content to the most appropriate presentation types and develop our courses within a sound instructional framework.
- We establish the learning outcomes and communicate them clearly to our learners
- We enable transfer into the workplace by relating the information to real-world examples
- We use case studies and simulations so that students can put what they have learned in practice
- We create a framework for learning to ensure maximum retention and activation of knowledge
- We use an effective mix of presentation styles and interactive exercises. Studies have shown that learners only remember 20% of what they see, 40% of what they see and hear, but up to 70% of what they see, hear and interact with
- We support our content with memorable illustrations and animations which act as memory cues
- We break the content down into bite-sized chunks, making it easy to digest
- We emphasise the benefits of the learning materials to the students
- We encourage exploration. By layering the information students can make their own decisions and take their own route through the training
- We challenge our users and provide useful and relevant feedback throughout our courses